It is considered successful in battling cancer when there is improvement in quality of life after receiving a treatment, and the progress of the cancer is controlled.
It is considered successful in battling cancer when there is improvement in quality of life after receiving a treatment...
Oral representation by Prof. Chooi, son of Mdm Lee Se Khuen (2017.08.18)
“Based on my experience, it is considered successful in battling cancer when there is improvement in quality of life after receiving a treatment, and the progress of the cancer is controlled,” said Mr. Chooi, son of Mdm Lee See Khuen.
A Providential Discovery of TXL— Because we started with TXL very timely, there is a chance to prolong her life
In February 2011, my mother was diagnosed with stage 2 stomach cancer. On February 26, 70% of her stomach was removed. The family decided not to let her proceed with chemotherapy because of old age and to avoid more damage to her body due to the side effects.
One month after the operation, Mr. Chooi came across an advertisement in Sin Chew Daily about a public talk on 26 March at Wisma MCA by Dr. Sun Ling Xian (a Taiwanese Oncologist experienced with TCM Integrated Treatment). He attended the talk, and the family decided to let Mdm. Lee taking TXL. Mdm. Lee was persistent in taking TXL every day. Her energy level was very well.
“My mother was obedient. She trusted me for every suggestion I made, including the use of TXL and the consumption method. If the patient is not cooperative to follow the correct consumption method of the medicine, it is unfair to claim that the medicine is not effective,” said Mr. Chooi.
In the times of ups and downs, we still had faith and we persisted
Mdm. Lee had taken TXL for six years. “In these 6 years, I observed her carefully. Her appetite, sleep quality and bowel movement were normal. She hardly had any problem with sleep. She could go out for activity during day time. After the operation, her energy was recovered quickly, she could go out for activity and staying active continuously for six years,” said Mr. Chooi.
In 2015, Mdm. Lee experienced pain at her lower back due to an old wound resulting from a fall. The pain was so severe that she could not walk. In March 2016, she had a successful surgery. However, she suffered pain again one day after the surgery.
In August 2016, she was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer. “The doctor was confused, because my mother did not look like person with a stage 4 bone cancer. She was nearly 80 years old, and had gone through the bone surgery. We did not tell the doctor that my mother was supported by TXL,” said Mr. Chooi.
Due to the pain at her lower back, Mdm. Lee could not walk, she became bed-ridden. However, she had good appetite and good energy level. “I thought her condition was not good. So, I increased TXL dosage for her, and also added TXL Osteo Tablet, in order to help reduce her suffering,” said Mr. Chooi.
In faith, we were rewarded with something out of expectation—her liver & kidney functions were normal
Our of everyone’s expectation, in the first half year of 2017, Mdm. Lee’s energy has improved tremendously. She no longer needed to rely on supporting tools. Considering the improved conditions and also the family’s financial status, Mr. Chooi reduced the dosage of TXL for Mdm. Lee.
Mdm. Lee had to take pain killer for long term due the constant pain. The family had an expectation that Mdm. Lee’s liver and kidney functions would be affected by the long-term use of pain killer. However, the results of each body check showed that her liver and kidney functions were normal. “She was old and had been taking pain killer for long term. Her liver and kidneys were normal. We think that long-term consumption of TXL had helped to protect her body functions,” said Mr. Chooi.
She wanted to eat rice, and she can walk on her own by holding on to chairs
“My mother used to take porridge. Since February 2017, she did not want to take porridge, but wanted to take rice. She could not walk previously, but by then she could walk slowly by holding on to chairs to the washroom, and then back to her room. Her energy and memory were good. She loved to watch drama series especially the golden oldie songs performance. I was very satisfied when I saw that she is doing very well,” said Mr. Chooi.
As a care giver, I found that learning and knowing how to communicate is very important
Mr. Chooi has learnt a lot from being a care giver to her mother. “Family members, being the care givers, need to learn ways to communicate with the patient. This includes the ways to let the patient accept the suitable treatment and medicine, and that of which family members have decided for her. It is important that the family members themselves should understand how the medicine works, then only they educate the patient on the consumption method, the do’s and don’ts” said Mr. Chooi.
Based on the experience, Mr. Chooi thinks that the following had been very helpful for Mdm. Lee:
- Mdm. Lee completely trusted his son that he would find the best solution to help her. Therefore, she did not have any doubt on TXL. The belief that it is not necessary to find other solutions has greatly reduced unnecessary anxiety of the patient.
- Observation on the effectiveness. In addition to the scientific evidence of TXL, Mr. Chooi also concerned about its effectiveness on the patient. Since the beginning of TXL consumption, there are very positive effects on Mdm. Lee, including the energy level and sleep quality. Therefore, Mr. Chooi had faith in TXL and persisted. He did not have any doubt and did not make other choices. He understood that TXL is very gentle and safe, and it takes time to accumulate its positive effects.
- Correct consumption method. There is a correct consumption method for an effective medicine. For instance, the timing of the consumption, the duration, taking it with empty stomach, taking it consistently every day, long-term consumption, etc. All these should be taken into consideration.
- It is important for the patient to give self-support, do not distress their own self, and do not overwork. Lee was a very tough person. She did not give up. She could not accept it at the beginning, but she changed her mindset very quickly. It was because she trusted Mr. Chooi, so there was no mental block, and she lived her life with a peace of mind.
- Once diagnosed, we must seize the opportunity, to undergo treatment. We do not expect to live forever, but we always want to maintain good quality of life. It is better to integrate conventional treatment with TCM. We should seek conventional treatment, and at the same time, use TCM herbal compounds to complement the deficiency of conventional treatment.
- It is also important to do financial planning. It helps to reduce the emotional stress for the patient and the family. Make a treatment plan according to the financial status of the family, so the patient could live a normal life with quality and dignity. It is natural that everyone will pass on one day. If all family members could come together to plan diligently and be prepared, they can live in the present with a peace of mind. “Based on my experience, it is considered successful in battling cancer when there is improvement in quality of life after receiving a treatment, and the progress of the cancer is controlled,” said Mr. Chooi.
♥ Follow our facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/tianxian/
Other stories to share:
Colon cancer (Colorectal cancer)
Malignant Lymph Tumor